Friday, June 12, 2009

A poem for my Dad



It Doesn't Matter Where You Are

May be I didn't get your chin or your skin
Maybe unlike you my bones are thin
But what I got I need, I use
My humor, my wit, they amuse
There's another thing you gave me
Its more important than traits or skills
It heals, it warms, it soothes, it fills
Its love and that will last until
Or way past the end of time
Past the time my humor's gone
Past the time my wit is wrong
When my physical traits are seemingly changed
My face, my features rearranged
Your love, I'll feel as long as I live
Your love I feel even when you're not right here to give
I just know its there like the air we breathe
Because you're my Dad
And from my heart you can never leave.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Beautiful Jeremy! Moving and feeling, well done. I also write poetry and you can see some if you are interested on http://www.romancewritterandreader.ning.com.
Look for blogs by Lorna Allan

Cheers and thanks for sharing

Abd. Gafur Yusuf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.